- The Charter "Space and Major Disasters" presented with the prestigious 2017 William T. Pecora Group Award for achievements in Earth remote sensing.
Credit: Judy Chang
- We are making space datasets available through our new open data page - just in time for Climathon 2017!
Credits: Canadian Space Agency, Defence Research and Development Canada
- Tracked by Canada's NEOSSat, this space event may help us learn more about the Universe!
Credit: Texas Military Department, via the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Satellites are monitoring the Earth and are guiding rescue efforts towards those who need it most during the hurricane season.
Credit: MODIS Terra satellite – NASA
- As emergency responders tackle the situation on the ground, satellites are collecting information to monitor the impact of the wildfires in British Columbia.
- For the first time, the Canadian Space Agency facilitated access to datasets and presented its own challenges at the Space Apps events held in Canadian locations.
- To commemorate the end of ESA astronaut Thomas Pesquet's mission aboard the International Space Station on , here are 25 incredible pictures he captured while in space.
- New research team explores how satellite images can help find areas where vulnerable populations would be exposed to health risks: high heat, air pollution or viruses transmitted by mosquitoes.
- CSA astronaut David Saint-Jacques was joined via video conference by ESA astronaut Thomas Pesquet for a space-inspired concert at the Maison symphonique de Montréal.
- The Canadian instrument APXS, on the Curiosity rover, is being used on a regular basis to collect key information about the rocks and soil of the red planet.
- Date modified: