The Space Exploration (SE) committees support the planning, validation and updating of long-term roadmaps and program strategies for the Canadian Space Agency (CSA) SE Branch.
SE encompasses the International Space Station (ISS), space astronomy, human space flight, robotic exploration of the solar system, and advanced exploration development. The SE committee members are experts in these fields.
The SE committees are as follows:
- ACDSH: Advisory Council on Deep Space Healthcare
- HSCC: Human Space Flight Consultation Committee
- JCSA: Joint Committee on Space Astronomy (the CSA and the Canadian Astronomical Society)
- PECC: Planetary Exploration Consultation Committee
- STCC: Signature Technology Consultation Committee
- JSECC: Joint Space Exploration Consultation Committee (Chairs of the above committees)
Membership consists of representative experts in each of the communities.
The CSA's Space Utilization (SU) Branch is responsible for satellite development, implementation and operations. It supports Canadian satellite missions as well as international missions with Canadian participation. It also encourages optimum and innovative utilization of satellite data and manages science activities that study the Earth system to support research and foster new discoveries.
Science advisory committees support the planning, validation and updating of long-term roadmaps and program strategies for the CSA. The committees provide feedback on CSA programs and initiatives, and provide independent advice on science priorities.
Each committee is focused on one of the Earth system science disciplines. Members are experts in these fields. Enquiries related to these committees may be submitted to email@example.com. (Please include the name of the committee to which your question or comment is addressed in the subject header.)
- Solar-Terrestrial Science Advisory Committee focuses on the study of the Earth's space environment, how it is affected by the Sun, and its interaction with the Earth and its atmosphere. (Solar-Terrestrial Science Advisory Committee Terms of Reference)
- Atmospheric Science Advisory Committee focuses on the study of the Earth's atmosphere, its chemical and physical processes, the effects that the Sun and other Earth systems have on the atmosphere, and the effects of the atmosphere on these other systems. (Atmospheric Science Advisory Committee Terms of Reference)
- Earth System Science Advisory Committee takes a multidisciplinary approach to studying Earth as a system. This approach involves studying the processes and interactions (cycles) among the atmosphere, hydrosphere, cryosphere, biosphere, and geosphere. (Earth System Science Advisory Committee Terms of Reference)
Space Advisory Board
The Space Advisory Board was renewed to advise the Government of Canada on long-term objectives for space and to engage with Canadians. This initiative is part of the Government's Innovation and Skills Plan, a multi-year strategy to create well-paying jobs for the middle class.
- Date modified: