Larkin Kerwin Library
The library was founded in shortly after the creation of the Canadian Space Agency (CSA). In the library was named after Larkin Kerwin, the first president of the CSA.
Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Members of the public must make an appointment.
Our goals are
- to develop a specialized collection that supports the work of the scientists, researchers, engineers and administrators within the CSA
- to provide access to information products and services
The Larkin Kerwin Library is a bridge to the world of information and a partner in research. It provides access to a collection of scientific, technical and general documents as well as access to a great variety of electronic sources of information. The library provides expertise for the retrieval, acquisition, organization and dissemination of information within the CSA.
Employees of the CSA, its partners and other libraries have access to documents in the general collection.
The library collection is listed in Voilà, the National Union Catalogue; and in WorldCat, the Online Computer Library Center's catalogue.
External clients have to make an interlibrary loan request through their public, educational or institutional library. Some documents (e.g. periodicals, reference works, controlled-access reports) are strictly for internal use.
The loan period is four weeks with possibility to renew if the item has not been reserved by another client.
The library provides information on scientific, technical, strategic, business and news-related queries.
Library services are available to all patrons regardless of their expertise. Please feel free to contact us with your questions.
- Approximately 15 000 monographs, technical reports and conference proceedings
- Approximately 200 subscriptions to magazines, newsletters and newspapers
- Approximately 400 standards from various organizations: International Organization for Standardization (ISO), Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), etc.
- Date modified: