Make your own gooey space slime
Sometimes liquid, other times solid, slime is always a success with young and old alike! It's also an excellent way of having fun with the kids while seeing that science often yields surprising results.
You will need:
- ¼ cup of water
- ¼ cup of white liquid glue (for clear slime, use clear liquid glue)
- ¼ cup of liquid starch (used for clothes)
- food colouring (the colour you want your slime to be)
- a mixing bowl and a spoon
How to make your slime:
- Pour the glue into the bowl.
- Add the water to the same bowl and stir together.
- Add the food colouring (about 6 drops).
- Add the liquid starch and mix with a spoon or with your hands. The more you play with the concoction, the more it will become elastic and easy to manipulate.
Bonus: Keep your slime in a plastic bag to preserve it longer!
How it works:
Glue is a liquid polymer with tiny molecules creating a chain. When liquid starch is added, the strands of the chain link together, giving the mixture its slimy feel.
- Date modified: